Not only is the NAA Education Conference a good time to connect with people in the multifamily industry, but it’s a great chance to explore a new city. If you are looking for some things to do during your stay in Atlanta, we have a few suggestions for you!
For the Active and Adventurous
When you have a whole day to kill and you don’t want to spend it indoors:
- The Beltline (biking/walking trail)
Highly recommended by those who have visited Atlanta, the BeltLine is a 22 mile loop built on a former railroad track that encircles Atlanta. For your enjoyment, the Atlanta BeltLine consists of four open walking/biking trails, seven parks, free fitness classes, an arboretum, an urban farm, and the largest temporary public art exhibition in the south. Make sure you pack some sneakers and comfy clothes, and get yourself some good ol’ vitamin D!
You can even use Relay’s bike share service, and rent a bike for $8 an hour!
Just a two hour drive north of Atlanta takes you to wine country. If you are an avid vino connoisseur, here are a few notable wineries you should get a taste of:
- The Cottage Vineyard & Winery was founded in 2012, and offers a gorgeous 360 degree view of the North Georgia mountains. Be sure to try their Southern Sass with sweet notes of peach; a signature Georgia-style muscadine porch sipping wine.
- Wolf Mountain Vineyards has won several prestigious awards for their handcrafted, estate wines. With picturesque pastoral hillside vineyard views and a gourmet cafe, this may be the best spot to stop for brunch, lunch, or one of their legendary winemaker dinners.
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards invites you to simply walk on in for a wine tasting any day of the week, or schedule a weekend Cave Tour. Along the 90 minute walking tour through the only known wine caves in Georgia, you will taste three un-released wines, and six additional wines to finish. Be sure to call in advance to make your reservation.
- Serenity Cellars Winery features a cool and cozy grotto with live music every weekend. On Fridays, you can even bring all the fixings for your perfect pizza, and bake it right in their brick oven at no extra charge.
- Cavender Creek Vineyards and Winery serves beautiful wine in a warm, friendly atmosphere. This winery was originally founded in 2006, and still maintains its working farm feel. Their two famous donkeys serve as mascots as they roam the premises, and are featured on the wine labels.
For the Shameless Tourist
When you want to see it, snap it, and post it:
- Dip into the incredible Georgia Aquarium for some fun, interactive undersea experiences with a focus on aquatic biodiversity. You won’t want to miss their ‘Dolphin Presentation’ and ‘Under the Boardwalk Sea Lion Presentation.’ Daily showtimes can be found at http://georgiaaquarium.org
- Stop by the World of Coca‑Cola to see the newest art gallery that captures the spirit of Atlanta, meet the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, and mix soda flavors from around the word in their awesome Beverage Lounge.
- Football fans will surely want to make The College Football Hall of Fame a priority on their sight-seeing agenda. Start your tour at the 45-yard replica football field where you can try your hand at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Skill Zone, then stop by the Game Day Theater to view the HD feature film “The Game of Your Life,” and finally take a stroll down The Hall of Fame and relive the stories and accomplishments of the record-breaking players you have loved and supported over the years.
- The Fernbank Museum calls to those who appreciate our planet and its inhabitants, past and present. Explore Earth’s natural history as you journey through lifelike geographic regions and historic re-creations. Don’t forget to snap a selfie with the family of big bronze Dinosaurs at the entrance for all those prehistoric ‘likes’!
For the Self-Proclaimed Foodie
When you don’t know a place until you’ve tasted it:
- Ecco is a European restaurant with an ever-changing menu of seasonally inspired continental fare, and a lively bar scene after the sun sets.
- The Lawrence is a stylish setting for contemporary Southern fare, inventive cocktails & a signature house bourbon.
- Some would claim that the Hudson Grille Midtown is Atlanta’s best sports-bar because of its extensive beer selection, stylish patio, game room, and modern menu of burgers, wings, steaks & seafood.
- Visit Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q for what some might say is the best BBQ Atlanta has to offer. The joint also features a large bar, upgraded patio space and indoor dining.
- Try anything Sublime Doughnuts has to offer. A few of their most unique and delicious high-end doughnuts include s’mores, Reese’s peanut butter cup, and salt and vinegar.
- Zesto is a time-tested, soft-serve ice cream Atlanta staple! The shop opened in 1949, and their cones have been devoured and adored ever since.
- In a hurry to get to NAA? Stop by the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM for a quick treat! In this fast paced city, fresh and convenient cupcakes are all you need to keep your day moving.
For the ‘Treat Yo’ Self’ Shopper
When you’ve got a hole in your pocket:
- Known as Atlanta’s premier shopping district, Buckhead offers everything from high fashion boutiques to vintage steals. Phipps Plaza is where you’ll find this season’s hottest trends from Giorgio Armani, Jimmy Choo, Versace and more. Lenox Square Mall houses over 200 stores including Apple, BVLGARI and Louis Vuitton. It’s time for some retail therapy!
- If you are a bargain hunter, be sure to check out the eclectic shops in Little Five Points. The Clothing Warehouse is the place to go for extremely unique vintage pieces that are well organized and easy to sort through. Rag-O-Rama is an icon of the community, and while always busy, has some of the best finds.
- Westside Provisions is located in the heart of Atlanta’s bustling West Midtown neighborhood. It is your one stop shop for upscale boutique retail and fine dining.
- Ponce City Market is the area’s largest renovation project, which breathed new life into the old Sears, Roebuck & Co. building. Linked to the Atlanta BeltLine, this cultural hub of cafes, shops, flats and offices, allows you to get lost in food and fashion heaven.
The number one spot in Atlanta to check out though, is booth #1631 at the NAA Education Conference & Exposition! Stop by the PayLease booth for some fun giveaways, and learn how you can get the most from your payment and billing solutions!